18 Apr New Job Vacancy!!!!
Do you want to help change people’s lives?
Our services provide person centred support to people experiencing a range of challenges and problems living in the community. We are looking for a Service Manager who will be able to demonstrate vision, leadership skills and a track record of managing/developing services. You will have a commitment to implementing best practice, continuous improvement and to the values and ethos of the organisation. You will be responsible for working with external partners including regulators, other support agencies, healthcare professionals and family members.
The ideal candidate will have.
- Relevant supervisory experience in a support environment.
- Qualifications suitable for SSSC registration at this level (e.g. SVQ level 4 with Leadership and Management Award).
- Good understanding of the issues surrounding people with complex needs, poverty and homelessness.
- Experience of legal, regulatory and policy requirements relating to a housing support setting.
- A commitment to service user involvement.
- Experience of risk management principles and implementing them.
- A commitment to positive risk taking within a supported environment.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage available resources to ensure service users receive high quality person-centred support.
- Experience developing services.
- Effective communication and coaching/mentoring skills.
The post is subject to satisfactory references, membership of the PVG (Adult) Scheme and requires the daily use of a roadworthy, appropriately insured car.
Service Manager – Salary 30,000 – 35,000 (Job Description) – To apply you can download the application (please enclose your CV) which can be posted or once completed sent via email to email@example.com
2 Explorer Road
If you would like an informal chat about the post please contact our HR Manager on 01382 561822 ext 223.
Closing date for applications is on the 10th of May and interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Positive Steps has a strong commitment to equal opportunities and has service users from a wide variety of backgrounds. We would therefore welcome applicants from an equally wide cross section of the community.